A new generation of mobile diagnostics unit has been put into operation.
A new generation of mobile diagnostics units has been put into operation.
BIT has put into operation a new generation of mobile diagnostics units:
- There have been considerable improvements to our PipeScanner – a central element of our diagnostics system. The new system enables us to perform diagnostics of district heating pipelines without the need for water flow;
- We have developed a new design of our inspection vehicle and extended available work space;
- We have upgraded the vehicle with a weight capacity up to 5 tonnes and four-wheel drive, which means that we can transport more equipment.
The new mobile inspection unit enables us to deliver more precise information about the internal and external corrosion and remaining thickness of the pipeline.
The main advantages of the technology currently are:
- Accurate data. BIT technology, with its 360 degree continuous inspection, supports information gathering on the remaining thickness of the pipe wall.
- Detection of internal and EXTERNAL corrosion.
- High speed - 300 m/h.
- Low cost of preparations – scanning capacity up to 1500 m from one entry point.
- Scans pipelines with internal rust nodules without any prior cleaning.
- There is no necessity for water to be purged from the pipe during or before an ordinary inspection.
Breivoll Inspections Technologies AS has also developed and approved a program for further development of the technology for the period until 20
Back to news